In-House Recreational Program Information
The In-House Recreational program includes 9 weeknight practices at Hotchkiss Field in the town of Prospect and 8 Saturday morning games in Prospect and Beacon Falls.* The program starts at U4 with MiniKickers, continues with U6 (Under 6) coed, followed by U7 and above being non-coed. Games are played on Saturday mornings against teams within each team's own division. Scores and standings are not kept and every player is guaranteed to play at least 50% of each game (except in the event of injury or discipline).
The registration fee includes a shirt, professional training time every week, an end of the season party, and a weekly curriculum for parent coaches to follow. Coaches are always in need. There is no soccer experience necessary, just a willingness to work with children and to learn.
*Games alternate between Pent Rd Field in Beacon Falls and Hotchkiss Field in Prospect during the Fall season.
A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewelry).
The basic compulsory equipment of a player comprises the following separate items:
- a jersey or shirt with sleeves – if undergarments are worn, the color of the sleeve must be the same main color as the sleeve of the jersey or shirt
- shorts – if undershorts or tights are worn, they must be of the same main color as the shorts
- shin guards
- soccer cleats
- are covered entirely by the socks
- are made of rubber, plastic or a similar suitable material
- provide a reasonable degree of protection
- stop 2-3 inches below the knee
The ball should be the appropriate size for the players age.
- Size 2 — U4 - U5
- Size 3 — U6 - U8
- Size 4 — U9 - U12
- Size 5 — U13 and up